Comarca del Matarrana/Matarranya set up its regional Landscape Observatory in April 2012. The Landscape Observatory includes its acting as support and collaboration bodies in charge of any questions regarding the implementation and management of the Action Plan, the Landscape Charter and the Group of Landscape Volunteers. The Observatory takes also in charge the development of landscape policies and the promotion of networking activities at regional and transnational level.
The activities to be carried out by the Landscape Observatory have been organized under the following lines of action:
1. Integration of landscape into public policies
- Integrate the proposed landscape quality goals, guidelines and actions into partial land use plans or land master plans, especially at the local level.
- Integrate landscape into tourism policy and the European Brand of Territorial Quality.
- Strengthen the linkage between landscape and autochthonous and traditional food production.
- Follow-up of Regional Landscape charter and other government arrangements.
2. Training and education
- Launch projects in collaboration with the educational community in order to integrate landscape awareness into primary and secondary education system.
- Organize seminars, courses, conferences and exhibitions on landscape policies in order to educate both general public and experts.
- Collaborate in training programs on landscape in the education-university sector, professional field and administration.
- Launch Observatory website and social network as new tools for citizen interaction.
- Launch an interactive platform to evaluate landscape good-practices.
- Launch a documentation center and photographic archive as a space (virtual and physical) exclusively dedicated to the consultation and diffusion of landscape, open to the public and the scientific community.
- Incorporate research personnel into the Landscape Observatory, assigning interns from universities or training centers in order to encourage participation of young researchers in its activity.
- Collaborate with other institutions and administrations to publish diverse documents addressing shared interests on landscape.
- Collaborate with local and foreign journals by regularly publishing articles on landscape and collaboration with other media.
- Publish an Agenda and an Information update of the Landscape Observatory activities.
7. Institutional and international partnership
- Collaborate with other Landscape Observatories and participate in regional and international landscape networks. National, regional and international projection of Comarca del Matarrana.
All rights reserved. Copyright ©2013 etlo-modeland.gr. Powered by IRiS Design